Connector considerations

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Re: Connector considerations

Post by AbeFM »

How wide is the board? Put it in sideways?
GartnerProspect
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by GartnerProspect »

Well, if I kept it similar in dimensions to a MS board, I don't think I could fit it in sideways :P
Tony
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Tony »

I have used both the the Context engineering and the LMB heager cases for the 6X4 boards and i use a side entry connector with no problems but i also have a lathe to machine the case with.

GartnerProspect

I have the equipment to machine the case as well. Looks like you just took the upper slots off on the connector side? What do you use to retain the connector side of the board?

I like how that looks!

May I ask what connector the non-molex one is? And what the board is? :mrgreen:
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

Yeah - I'm curious myself. Nice job, for sure, but what IS it? I see CAM, CRK, and INJ1-2, so it sure looks like a computer, and the "For Info go to http://www.turbobikes.org" seems familiar. :-)

I remember a guy, TurboRick, with a turboed GSXR from back in the day, gave me a lot of advice when I was putting my KZ-1000 together.....

If I didn't know better I would think it was a take-off on the microsquirt, but it seems too well laid out, and the naming conventions doing quite work? I'm not that familiar with it.
GartnerProspect

Hayabusa Interface Board:

http://turbobikes.org/forum/index.php/topic,175.0.html

Interesting! Though all of that is going on and it still requires the megasquirt to run the thing.
Tony
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Tony »

Yes it is just a Interface to the stock harness so it houses all the circuits for the cam and crank sensors mosfets for boost control ,W/I, ignition drivers,relays, transistors arrays,and two Parallax SX28 microprocessors for Ignition kill and auto shift, I would have liked to have made a ECU all in one but that is not possible with the MS and i build secondary fuel kits for the turbo bikes and i use the MS for this and i made the box for my guys who already have my secondaries and want to upgrade to full standalone with the MS they already have.

Ultimately i would like to inter grate a full all in one box setup but for now this will work and its good for my guys who already have the secondary setup as they can use the MS they have now and just get this box to make it all work nice and clean.

The non molex connector is the AMP connector we have been talking about in the last few pages i have to use these to interface the stock harness.

Yes this is the first Board i have ever made and there are things i want to change but overall it seems to work really good so far and does what its suppose too .

On the case yes i machined the top grooves off the connector side the other side can be left alone this board slides in the lowest slot of the lower case half so once the lid is on it holds the board tight.

The one draw back is there is not really any room to add any daughter boards inside the top case half but this board has 8 IRLZ44N mosfets and 4 10amp relays plus 15 transistor outputs so i dont think we would really need any daughter boards at this time for anything.
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

It's very nice - there's always things to change but it looks good. I'm sure moving a couple things and you could stuff a processor board up above it in the corner of the case, or come up with something new.
GartnerProspect

Why was it not possible to integrate the MS into the design, besides the obvious lack of room?

Looks good! Glad to have you around.
Tony
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Tony »

8InchesFlacid wrote:It's very nice - there's always things to change but it looks good. I'm sure moving a couple things and you could stuff a processor board up above it in the corner of the case, or come up with something new.
Yeah i could probably integrate a processor anf the associated components for it on there pretty easy.
BradWeingartner wrote:Why was it not possible to integrate the MS into the design, besides the obvious lack of room?

Looks good! Glad to have you around.
Because i dont have a license to do so and that would be illegal to copy the MS and im not into doing that . Plus this works for my guys who already have the MS using it as a secondary controller all they need to do is unplug it and plug it into the Interface board.

Thanks i like this place i think some good thing will come out of here.